Studies on Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
The modification of the Regulations for Thermal Installations in Buildings (in Spanish, RITE) on April, 13th 2013, according to Spanish Regulations (RD 238/2013 standard), establishes the annual obligation companies in charge of buildings’ maintenance of thermal installations to conduct the following actions:
- Inspection of air duct system under UNE 100012 standard.
- Inspection of environmental quality under UNE 171330 standard.
Laboratory Control employs technicians specialized in IAQ to carry out inspections of indoor environmental quality under UNE 171330 standard , which includes:
- Suspended particulates measurement (0,5 microns/m3, 5 microns/m3, etc.)
- Suspended particulates by gravimetry (pm 2.5, pm 10, etc.)
- Analysis of particulate matter in air ducts
- Measurement of fungi and environmental bacteria and duct surfaces
- Proteomic, genomic and biochemical identification of fungi and bacteria
- Gas analysis
- Temperature and relative humidity measurement
- Hygiene evaluation of air-conditioning system
- Technical report with corrective measures when needed
- Tertification according to regulations